Monday, April 23, 2012

Cool Old Lady

I met the coolest old lady at Relay for Life this past weekend.

I was walking back to my car because I forgot my camera, and she was standing on the grass between the parking lot and the track.  I smiled and she said hi, so I stopped for a second and pleasantly acknowledged her as a person.

Old lady: Hi. *she said in her British accent*
Me: Hi, how are you?
Old lady: Fine, how are you?
Me: Good.  I forgot my camera in the car.
Old lady: *smile*

I walked to the car and had to walk by her again on my way back to our tent site, so I stopped and actually took time to talk to her.

Me: What brings you to Relay?

She went on to tell me about her daughter and how she was in a program at my school.  She told me she just got back from New Zealand.  She had a lanyard that said Brazil on it, and I asked her if she had been there, and she said yes, that she was there about 4 years ago.

I guess the cool part about it was that she was old, like probably pushing 70 and she was travelling so much.

I want to be a cool old lady like that.

"Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren; The elder women as mothers; they younger as sisters, with all purity." 1 Timothy 5:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment