Sunday, November 6, 2011

Intimacy Versus Isolation

Earlier this week I was upset because I realized that on my next birthday I'm going to be 23 years old.  23.  That number just sounds old, doesn't it?  What have I done in these 22.75 years of my life?  Okay, I've done lots of cool stuff, but still.

Then I was thinking about how I don't feel like an adult.  And that by 23 I thought I'd have life figured out.  But no.  The more I know, the more I know I don't know.

Which brings me to my next point.  Apparently I am not a teenager.  I don't think that I know everything anymore.

I seem to have more questions than I have answers.  Philosophical questions.  Relationship questions.  Nursing questions.  Religious questions.  Just questions.  I guess I should be asking God (the maker of the universe) the questions instead of mulling them over in the head and going crazy on the inside.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matthew 7:7

"Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls." Jeremiah 6:16

"He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good: and what does the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with they God?" Micah 6:8

1 comment:

  1. The older you get the more questions you will have. The Lord does indeed have all the answers and it's His good pleasure to communicate with His children.

    If it's any consolation, I don't feel like an adult either.

    ReplyDelete