Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Flip Side Of Feminism

I just finished reading "The Flipside of Feminism."

It was really interesting, so I thought I would share with you, my readers, points from the book and my thoughts, but probably mostly my thoughts, because I'm not writing a book report.

I want to start by saying that I wasn't sure what to think about this book when I heard it on the Boundless Show from Focus on the Family.  It piqued my interest, and I ordered the book from the library.

Before that, I wasn't sure what to think about Feminism.  But it kind of gave me the heebie jeebies.  I mean, I want to get married and have kids, and when I hear Feminism, I think Nancy Pelosi, and she scares me.

If I could put what I learned into a sentence is this: Women can have it all, just not all at the same time.

They talked about a lot of different things in the book, but I think I liked it mostly because it gave me peace about going to school now and having a family later.  That getting educated doesn't exclude me from having a family.  And having a family eventually doesn't exclude me from nursing.  And I want to do missionary work.

There was a lot of interesting things in the book about money, the patriarchy, birth control, abortion, and lots else, but I don't remember.  I can't write about all those things now, but when I have time I will.

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Philippians 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment