Wednesday, September 14, 2011

That's Not What I Meant

So I was in clinical the other day and the conversation went something like this:

Me: *whispering* What is that smell? OMG, it's awful. Do you smell that?
Adam-My-Fellow-Nursing-Student: *whispering* Smell what?
Me: *whispering* That smell, its terrible.  It all up and down this hall.  I don't think it's a patient though.
Adam: *whispering* I don't smell it.
Me: Like gas, idk. *shouting down the hall* Brittany?  Do you smell that awful smell?
Brittany-My-Fellow-Nursing-Student: *shouting down the hall* No.
Me: *shouting down the hall* It must be my period.


Me: I mean, like when you can smell stuff more when you are on your period.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14

*Names changed to protect the identity of the student.

1 comment:

  1. That's like me telling my pregnant co-worker that the odor she was asking me about was "just her" ... meaning odors are exaggerated sometimes during pregnancy. When someone else started laughing, I was mortified, as I was in an OPM office with about 8 other co-workers!!

    ReplyDelete