Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Kids, And Nurses, And Scissors, Oh My!

The first day of Pediatric clinical went well.  The most exciting thing was that I cut my own finger with my own scissors.  I've blogged about these scissors before.  Okay, not really the most exciting thing, but it was up there.  (Didn't my Mother ever tell me not to play with scissors?)

I got there super early about 0545 to the parking garage, waited for a friend and then we were up in the unit by 0600, when we had to be there at 0630.  We wanted to make sure we got the good patients, not that it helped any because the teacher chooses who gets who however she wants and doesn't know who showed up first.  But at least I wasn't late and didn't forget my name tag.

Lesson of the day: Look at the patient, not the monitor.

I've definitely heard this before, but I got to see it today, at least a little.

This scripture came up in conversation today:

"Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with a rod, he shall not die.  Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell."  Proverbs 23:13-14

I like it.

All in all, a good day.  I'd do it again.  And I will, next week.  Not so worried anymore now that the first day is over.

And and, I got to wear my new white clinical shoes today.  Nike.  Just do it.

"Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil." Proverbs 3:7

2 comments:

  1. I still want to know how you cut your own finger with your own scissors, lol!!! I have a love affair with my EMS shears. I can cut tin cans with those things - they must be GINSU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty talented, that's how I cut them, lol. I really have no idea what I did!!

    ReplyDelete