Monday, April 4, 2011

Tools Of The Trade

Last Wednesday at my OB clinical was the first time I used my special nurse scissors that I had to buy to go to clinical.


Like the good little student nurse I am, I carried them around to every clinical.  From the nursing home, to the Telemetry floor, to the Oncology unit, to the OB hall (not the Psych unit though), I carried these scissors like I would need them someday.  For a year, almost to the day, I carried them around without using them.






Then, I needed a piece of tape, and the tape wouldn't tear by hand, so out came my scissors, like magic.

I even told my patient that it was my first time using my scissors.  She looked scared.  I should have told her I didn't need to cut anything with my scissors for a whole year.

Good thing I listened when they told me I should carry scissor around with me.  I could have given up on the whole scissors idea, but I didn't.  It was/is a good idea to carry scissors with you.

"And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched." Mark 9:43

No comments:

Post a Comment