Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Communication

I have my prescription mailed to me.  And every month I have to call them so they will send it out.  I chose this because sometimes I want it to come to my apartment and sometimes I want it to come to my house, but I mostly get it sent to my apartment.


I called them the other day to order my drugs and it went something like this:


"I need to order my prescription."


"Okay, your name."


"Hart. H-A-R-T. Katherine."


"Okay, bye."


"Wait, I want you to mail it."


"Okay, bye."


"Where are you sending it?"


(They have tried to send it to totally wrong address before, to my parent's house when I wanted it to my apartment, and to the dorm where I haven't lived in almost a year.)


Annoyed, she reads off the correct address of my apartment.


"Okay."


*Click*


"Thank you?!"


I was thinking about this, and decided to not be upset.  So I hope you don't see that, but I am a little annoyed.   Shouldn't they know that people who take medication or either sick, crazy, or hurting?  They should be nicer to people, darn it.  But then I thought, well, just because you have taken therapeutic communication classes doesn't mean that everyone has, and you can't expect everyone to know how to communicate well.  KWoww said, "Um, no, it's common courtesy not to hang up on people."


That's all.  The moral of the story: Communication is patient and kind.


"Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up." 1 Corinthians 13:4

3 comments:

  1. This pharmacy needs to get some efficient Pharm Techs...I've dealt with them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've never met a pharmacy tech who was not nice. If you're not friendly, then you don't need to work at a job where you have to deal with people everyday. It's as simple as that lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. That is my sentiment exactly. =)

    ReplyDelete