Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Group Work

I hate group projects.


And I think hate is the correct word, even though it is really strong.


I cannot think of one group project where when it was done I thought, "Wow, I learned so much from this project.  I think the project turned out really great.  I hope I get to to work with these people again."  And I've done my share of group projects.


This semester I had 3 group projects.  3.  Three.


One in Theory and two in Ethics.


I think the worst part about group projects is getting together as a group.


Rarely do professors let us pick our own groups, so you get placed with people who have a totally different schedule than yourself, and have a totally different way of doing things.  If I picked my own group, then I would obviously pick my friends, and I would know how they operated, and I know we would work well together, and I would know that we would have the same schedule.


Anyway, the first group project that was due this semester was an Ethics paper.  How does a group write a paper?  Well, this is how.  There were four sections so we divided it up evenly.  (Other groups had five people so I don't know what they did.)  Easy.  Except for the APA and the ethical part.


Second project, Ethics presentation, with a different set of five people (why couldn't we just have the same groups for both projects that happened in the same class, at least then we could get to know each other a little, and be able to work on both projects at one meeting).  Funny pictures on our Power Points and the fact that we brought candy to hand out saved us.


Theory research project, 15 pages later, I'm not sure I understand nursing research.  This class almost makes me not want to get my master's degree because I don't want to take another theory/research class.  I enjoyed the topic though, Client Satisfaction of Midwifery care.  It was easy when 100% of my subjects were satisfied.


Now that the stress of group projects for this semester is over, I feel procrastination setting in.  Gotta.  Keep.  Studying.


"Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:17-18

2 comments:

  1. Keep.Studying. You.are.almost.done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I bet you learned how to work with different people.

    Love

    Dad

    ReplyDelete