Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The End Of An Era

Tomorrow is my last Skills test.


Skills class is where you learn practical skills, such as how to care for a nasogastric tube, colostomies, chest tubes, IVs, how to make a bed, how to take ABGs, how to put in a Foley catheter, how to call a doctor on the phone, how to administer medicines, how to chart (theoretically at least I learn this), how to take care of a patient on a ventilator, etc.  And a Skills test is where you have to preform one of these skills by yourself why the teacher watches and grades you.


I'm nervous.  As always.


The point of this post is that is is my LAST Skills test.  There are three Skills classes: Skills 1, Skills 2, and Skills 3.


This is coming to the end of Skills 3.


Skills 3.


Next semester, no Skills.  I should have learned everything practical by now apparently.


I'm more than half way done with nursing school.


Can you believe it?


I can't.


Everyday, I wake up, wipe the drool off my face, and then I get to do what I love to do.  Go to school to be a nurse.


I feel so overwhelmingly blessed that at 21 I have found my destiny.  I don't know what is going to happen after graduation next May 2012, but God does.  So I'm not worrying.


I mean 22, not 21.


FYI, Still waiting for the paper.


"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11


"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way." Psalm 37:23


"A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps." Proverbs 16:9


"And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not." Isaiah 58:11


"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalm 37:4

1 comment:

  1. I like the line about wiping off your drool! ;-) I can't believe we are almost done. 2 semesters to go!!!

    ReplyDelete