Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dreams Of A Dental Hygienist

I went to the dentist in December to get my teeth cleaned.  They had all new dental hygienists in there that I had never met before.


I got all settled in the chair and she stuck her fingers in my mouth and stated to ask me questions.


Dental Hygienist: Did you just get back from school for Christmas break?


Me: Yeuresh


DH: What? *takes her hands out of my mouth*


Me: Yes.


DH: *hands in my mouth* Where do you go to school?


Me: Uneeennavercitty


DH: Uhh?  *takes her hands out of my mouth*


Me: University.


DH: *hands in my mouth*  What are you studying?


Me: Nuresssing. 


DH: Did you say nursing?  I almost went to nursing school.  I don't know why I didn't.  Someone told me I would be a good dental hygienist. *looking off into space absorbed in thought".


Me: Yeah?


DH: I think I'm smart enough to have been a nurse.


Me: Okay.


DH:  You really should floss.


I didn't know what do say.  It was awkward.  I bet she really could have been a nurse if she wanted to.  It made me a little sad though, because I really want everyone to be able to accomplish their dreams and she didn't seem like she was doing exactly what she wanted even though she had a good job or whatever.


"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11

After I wrote DH half a dozen times, I realized that DH means darling husband on all the other blogs I read.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment