Sunday, April 17, 2011

Can I Remember It All?!

I'm scared of getting so many memories that I won't be able to remember them all.


Which is part of the reason I started blogging.  (Or part of the reason I'm crazy.)


But the reason I post this now is:


The other day after clinical my whole class and the teacher got on the elevator.  And another nurse was on the elevator too.


The other nurse said something like "those were the day" but actually "I don't remember much, I blocked it all out."


Now, I'm assuming she didn't mean what she learned, but she blocked out the experience or her memories.


I wonder what nursing school was like for her?  Because I am having a fabulous time, minus the stress, papers, exams, and laundry.  But I cannot imagine doing something different than I am doing now.  I hope to remember all the fun times I'm having.  To remember the feelings of stress, and heartache, and joy, and new friends, and new teachers, and new experiences.  I hope to look back on this time and say, Thank you God, you did order my steps and you did have a plan for my life.


I just hope there is enough room for all my memories in my head.  Sometimes I find myself daydreaming, and laughing about what happened yesterday, or last week, or years ago.  I amuse myself.  So, if you see me seemingly laughing for no reason, this is why: ghosts of memories past.


"They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness. The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy." Psalm 145:7-8

1 comment: