Friday, March 25, 2011

Telling About Jesus

Did I ever tell you I am a Teacher/Trainer in Evangelism Explosion?  I am.


I went to Florida in March 2005 and got the training.  It was soooo much fun and I learned a lot.


After we got back, the church I was doing it with would go out and practice EE.


I have one really memorable day.


Me and another lady went to the park and we were walking around talking to people, nothing too exciting, no one was raised from the dead or healed from blindness they had from birth, but we did get to plant some seeds.


Then we started talking to the one girl who was sitting on the swings watching her boyfriend ride his skateboard on the half-pipe they had there.


We made it though the first 3 points.  One, that Eternal life is a free gift that cannot be earned or deserved; two, you cannot earn eternal life because man is sinful, like having a B on a report card full of A's, just one makes you not a straight A student. Three, God is loving and just, he loves us more than we can imagine and wants to spend forever and eternity with us, but he cannot with us having/doing sin, so he must punish our sin.  And she was getting it.  She was liking what we were saying.


On to the next point we go, Jesus (they way we get to spend eternity with God even though we have sin).


And her boyfriend comes over.


He did not like that we were talking to his girlfriend about Jesus.  He started yelling and screaming at us.  Shoving the other lady a little.


The girlfriend got him to settle a bit, and sent him to the car.


And I had the presence of mind to ask for her phone number, and she gave it to me.  And she left.


This was a new experience for me.  I never had anyone mad at me for talking to someone else about Jesus before.


We started to walk to the car to leave, but they were parked next to us.  So we waited until they left.


I called her a couple of days later and I couldn't get a hold of her; I think I wrote the number down wrong.  I was really sad.


She seemed so ready to hear about Jesus but we didn't get to finish that day.


Every once in a while, I pray for her.  I pray for her safety and protection.  I pray that she doesn't feel like we abandoned her because we didn't call her back.  I pray that she finds Jesus and knows him as friend.


I hope that one day I'll be telling this story somewhere, and the girl will come up to me and tell me that she was the girl on the swing set that day.  And that Jesus is her friend.

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6

No comments:

Post a Comment