Monday, December 12, 2011

Trust Issues

Have you ever thought about whether you really trust God?

Yeah, you hear in church that you have to trust Him.  But do you really?  Do I really?

I think it takes baby steps.  Learning to trust God not just as a whole, like you trust all chairs to hold you up, but in individual instances, in different everyday circumstances, is what I need to work on.

Of course I trust to to protect me (Psalm 18:2), make my path straight (Isaiah 45:2), and that he has a plan (Psalm 37:5).  But do I trust him in the little things?

No matter what?  "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him," Job 13:15.

When I'm afraid do I trust Him?  "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee," Psalm 56:3.

I think I'm learning.

Today I'm singing this song:

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His Word
Just to rest upon His promise
Just to know, "Thus saith the Lord"

Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him
How I've proved Him o're and o're
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus
O for grace to trust Him more

O how sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to trust His cleansing blood
And in simple faith to plunge me
'Neath the healing cleansing flood

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus
Just from sin and self to cease
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace

I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend
And I know that Thou art with me
Wilt me with me to the end

Two finals down, two to go.  152 days until graduation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment