Sunday, December 4, 2011

We'll Take A Look

Do you know these lyrics?

"And so what we have learned applies to our lives today, and God has a lot to say in His Book.  You see, we know that God's Word is for everyone; and now that our song is done, we'll take a look."

Think about it for a minute.

Do you remember where it's from?

Veggie Tales!!!

These are a few of the things I learned this week:

1) I need to watch my mouth.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man." Colossians 4:6

2) I am still a sinner.

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23

"All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:6

[It seems to me that a lot of Christians walk around like they aren't sinners, or that they don't sin.  Sin is committed with things you think about (Matthew 5:28), things you do that you shouldn't do, and things you should do that you don't do (Exodus 20).  If you only count the last one, not reading your Bible is sin.  Say you only sinned 3 times a day, that's more than a 1000 in a year, and by age 22 that's 22,000 sins.  But I bet I sin more than just 3 times a day.  I'm beginning to realize that I am not perfect and I need Jesus everyday to save me from myself.]

3) I'm forgiven.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrightousness." 1 John 1:9

It's been a good week.

ATI Pediatric exam tomorrow.  Presentation on Tuesday.  Then Finals next week.

1 comment:

  1. You must be getting all the insight from your Mother!

    Keep it up!!

    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete