Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Real Life Ghost

Did I ever tell you about the day I saw a ghost?  A real live ghost?

No?  Okay, I'll tell you.

My girlfriend (henceforth referred to as Princess) text me and tells me she needs a ride home from work.  It's only like 2 minutes from my house so no big deal, we'll get to hangout after.

For the fun of it my Brother and my brother's girlfriend (henceforth referred to as Girlfriend) decide to go with me to pick up Princess.

When we get there we find out that the reason she needs a ride is because she had a flat tire.  My Brother being the strapping young man he is decided that we could change the tire for her.  Princess gets her keys out to open the trunk to get the spare tire out and the trunk doesn't open.  Brother tries to open it.  I try.  Girlfriend tries.  It does not open.  Somehow we decide that she must have the valet key.  And that we must go back to Princess's house to get the real key.

We drive the 2 minutes to her house.  And then back to her car.

We try and open the trunk.  And fail.

My Brother's friend (henceforth referred to as Friend) shows up to help.

Stuff happens, blah, blah, we get dessert, we drive back to Princess's house again.

Finally we get the trunk open, get the spare out, find the jack.  Try to jack up the car, and it rolls back and makes a loud noise.  The loud noise attracts a dude who offers to help us.  He says he has a nicer jack in his car.  He walks back to his car to get it and comes back to change the tire.

But I have to go to the bathroom!!!  Like now.  So I leave to go into the store.  When I left the dude was sitting on the ground starting to change the tire and Brother, Princess, Girlfriend, and Friend are watching.

When I get back, they are all standing around looking for me.

Brother: Where were you?
Me: In the bathroom.  Did you change the tire already?  That was fast.
Brother: No, I turned around for a second, and that dude was gone.
Friend: Yep.
Me: Did he change the tire?
Brother: No.
Princess: Ugh!!!
Me: What?
Brother: Yeah, he just left, and took his jack with him.
Me: It must have been a ghost.  An angel would have changed the tire.

And that is the story of when I saw a real life ghost.  It was pretty intense.  We did eventually get the tire changed though.

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Hebrews 13:2

No comments:

Post a Comment