Sunday, January 29, 2012

Twelve Hours Down

I had my first 12 hour preceptorship shift in the hospital yesterday.  It was good!

I loved not being under the tutalage of a clinical instructor.  They are always in the student's business, telling you what to do all the time.  In a regular clinical, each student is assigned one patient, and you have to write a careplan (aka paper) on your patient, and my careplans ended up being between 10 and 12 pages every week.

In preceptorship, students follow one staff nurse around the hospital for 96 hours in a semester, and write journals about how it made us feel, oh, and a presentation on an interesting patient.

12 hours down, 84 more to go.

My preceptor told me I was almost an expert in giving Lovenox shots.  I think I probably gave 8 of them in one shift.

I'm getting excited about graduation!

Only 104 days!!!

After 12 hours on my feet, I was aching.  I've been doing yoga with a DVD with my friends the past couple of weeks, and decided that even though I was tired, it would be a good idea to do some yoga.  After 20 minutes doing yoga, I felt sooo much better.  Definitely going to do that again.

"And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace." Ephesians 6:15

1 comment:

  1. I really like the part about doing yoga. 99 days to go!!

    ReplyDelete