Friday, August 26, 2011

Can You Say Spoiled?

Right now as I am writing this, I am waiting for a YouTube video to load.  The new Verizon internet is slow.  It's not even fast enough to play a video without stopping in the middle to load.

So it's kind of annoying.  Apparently the internet comes between 0.5 and 1.0 Mbps (we just got DSL), and that they would send however much we needed.

This is what I'm thinking: I need more.  I need it faster.  I need to be able to watch YouTube without it stopping in the middle.

I'm going to call them and see if they can do anything, but I am thinking that I might have to upgrade to the Internet Enhanced, which is supposed to be faster.

Then I look at myself and I wonder how I got this spoiled.  I remember the dial up internet, and that noise.  I remember not having Facebook and Twitter.  I don't know what I did on the internet before those, but I do remember it.  (I just heard that the freshman college class, the class that graduates in 2015, is younger than the internet.)  This instant gratification thing is a stressor.  I can't have everything at the exact second I want it, but I still want it.  I guess I need to relax, and trust my time to God.  My time, I need to change my thinking already.

"For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth." Psalm 37:9

Update:  So I just called, and I was on hold for too long, so I hung up.  I don't know if it is because I don't think I should be complaining or because maybe I really am a part of the microwave generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment