Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Return Of The School, Part 4

I'm heading back to school today after being home with my family all summer.

I'm nervous and excited.

I have a car full of stuff, a haircut, and a waxed face because of my Mother.  (Literally waxed, she paid for my eyebrows and lip to be waxed yesterday.)

I wonder what this next semester holds.  I know it doesn't hold worry though.  I learned that in church this week.  My only job as a Christian is to not worry so that I can show God's glory.

Off to vote in a few minutes.  I hope everyone takes their kids with them to vote.  I clearly remember going with my parents to vote when I was little.  They had the old voting machines where you had to pull the handle over and the curtain would close.  Then my Mother would let me push the little switch over for whoever she wanted to vote for.  Then she would pull the big handle again and the curtain would open and your vote would be cast.  Then we would all get a sticker.

I think about how fun that was whenever I go to vote and every time it has been a computer touch screen.

But nonetheless, going with my parents inspired me.  And I love voting.  It's my right and I do it wholeheartedly.  Going with them made a lasting impression that made me realize that what is going on on the TV with politics and such, can change when I vote.  So, take your kids with you to vote!

After voting, I'm going to the pregnancy center to volunteer.  I'm sad about leaving, but so happy I got to be there this summer.

Then off to school.  I have some nesting to do.


"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment