Tuesday, November 2, 2010

If I hadn't gone to nursing school

Last Spring semester I would have taken photography, creative writing, and Spanish.  That was going to be full time, because the photography had a lab.

Sometimes I wonder how different my life would be right now if I had taken those classes.  I was signed up for them and everything.

I could have been a writer.  Who could speak Spanish.  And photograph exotic places.

But instead.  Here I am, writing a blog, about nursing school.  I don't write creatively much.  I just study and do care plans and drug cards.  I blog about bills and homework and roommate fiascoes.  I eat, sleep, gain weight, and go to class.

Not that I'm complaining.

I love school.  I love northwestern VA.

Sometimes it just a lot of stuff to do all at once.

The only thing that keeps me here when I'm tired of homework and textbooks, is knowing that I am right where I am supposed to be.  
"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

1 comment:

  1. You know what? You can still be a writer. Who can speak Spanish. And take pictures of exotic places. Maybe you are just taking another path to get there. :)

    ReplyDelete