Monday, February 14, 2011

Music Notes

I need some new worship music to play.


I'm tired of the same songs I've been playing since I started playing worship music.


But I haven't heard stuff I like lately.  


I don't like there to be too many words; I want to be able to sing the song in the shower and remember all the words, or be able to close my eyes and sing along.  


Also, there is a difference between not having a song be really predictable in where the music and words are going and being way out there and having to read sheet music to follow the melody.


I like to play music that sounds okay playing by myself, a lone keyboardist.  Not that I don't like playing with others, I just don't right now, no time, and no people around here to play with me.  But music that sounds okay by myself usually ends up being the slower stuff, but that's cool with me.


Maybe I'll have to get serious and sit down and try to write something.


On a side note, I usually take my watch off to type on the computer.  And as I was typing this I was looking at my watch and noticed there was crud on the wrist band.  Crud.  Crud in the grooves of my plastic wrist band.  Yuck.  Luckily I'd been saving an alcohol wipe, and I got the crud off.


"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord." Ephesians 5:19

No comments:

Post a Comment