Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Do You Want Some Cheese With That Whine?

School's out for summer.


Note that I didn't put an exclamation point at the end of that sentence.  I should be more excited.  I usually put exclamations points on everything.  I send out emails with "Hi everyone!!", just because I'm excitable all the time.


But not today.  I'm a little upset because I'm probably going to get a 92%, a B on this seven point scale my school has, in my favorite class, OB.  I love pregnancy and women's health issues, so I was really excited about this class.  The lecture was amazing.  The teacher was nice and funny.  I thought the clinical was lacking, but you can't have your cake and eat it too; it was fine.  


Here's my beef.  I forgot to turn in notes on my self-evaluation form, so I don't get a quiz grade dropped.  I didn't know that I needed to do this to get a quiz grade dropped.  I really just forgot about putting notes on this self evaluation; we haven't had to do that before for other clinicals.  I got a 100% on all but one quiz.  All. But.  One.


Anyway, the only way I can get an A in this class is to get a 100% on the test I just took.  Praying.  Hoping.  Trying to look on the bright side: I passed.


"Stop whining", I think.  "You're doing well.  Other people are worried about passing this class and all you can think about is how you are going to be a high B instead of an A.  Lame.  Don't be a jerk."


I did fine.


Teachers who say grades don't matter as long as you pass are really old and/or can't remember when they were in nursing school.


And people who tell me, "You're doing well.  You have a good, solid B." are the most annoying ever.  A good solid B!?  That's deserves an exclamation point.  I would prefer a good solid A.


Okay.  I'm done.  It's summer break!!!


"Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice." Psalm 63:7

No comments:

Post a Comment