Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Finish Line Is In Sight

When I was in elementary to high school, I would have to make a daily set of goals for school.  I had a little chart to keep track.  It looked like this, only it had my name on it.




I continued making goal charts in college.  It didn't look just like this, but similar-ish.  Okay, not really, but I do use 3x5 cards, usually pink or purple.


Today I started to think about my life goals (can you tell I'm a goal oriented person?).  Finish school.  Go back to school.  Get married.  Have babies.  Etc.  And whatever.


And here's the clincher: finishing my BSN has become a short term goal.  A short term goal.  Short term.


No longer is my dream of finishing school far out there, or crazy, or inconceivable.  It's right around the corner, but/and I really can't see past May 11th, 2012, graduation day.


"Children in whom was no blemish, but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom, and cunning in knowledge, and understanding science, and such as had ability in them to stand in the king's palace, and whom they might teach the learning and the tongue of the Chaldeans." Daniel 1:4

1 comment: