Friday, June 10, 2011

I Can't Pee Standing Up, That's All

I'm tired of listening to all the voices in my head.


And before you call the psychiatrist, let me explain.


I'm the kind of person who thinks about everything, over and over and over.


Conversations that might happen in the future and conversations that happened in the past.


But I'm tired of it.


No more listening to the people who told me, YOU CAN'T or YOU SHOULD.


You can't go to nursing school (oh, really?).


You should be a doula (no offence to doulas, we need you, it's just not what I wanted).


You can't pay for school (no duh, God is giving my Mother and Father money to pay for school).


You shouldn't get loans for school (then how will I be able to rejoice when God pays off my loans?).


You can't say that (I just did).


You can't sing (no rebuttal, I'm still working on this).


You should get married (it's not time).


Okay, all done.


Forgiveness is occurring and has occurred.


Moving on.


Can't isn't in my dictionary anymore, except for, I CAN'T pee standing up, unless I'm in the shower, so really, no can'ts.


(Being home by myself gives me too much time to think about stuff, I need a job, and to work on thinking too much.)


"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us." Romans 8:37

No comments:

Post a Comment