Monday, July 18, 2011

Busy Bumble Bee

I am tired.


I don't think I've been this tired in awhile.  At least since classes ended in May (and school stress feels different somehow).


I got up early (like 0730ish, that's early to me for the summertime) to drive Mother to her work thingee, then waited until she was done, then drove her to her office.


Then off to Taco Bell to feed my addiction.


Then Father had two appointments I drove him to.


Next we drove all the way down the wrong road looking for the Ford dealer, when it was on the other side of town.  Father and I both figured it was by all the other car dealers.  Nope.


Then no one wanted to make dinner so we went to Subway.


Then we needed to return at shirt at Kohl's.


After all that, I was thinking about my feelings.  Awww, yes, feelings.


Actually the stress feelings.


I'd like to blame the stress on the traffic or the atmosphere of where I'm at right now (as opposed to where I go to university).  But I don't know if that is fair.


Can I blame the air for the stress that I feel in my body?  I guess.  But that makes my feelings everyone else's or the world's fault.


What if, just once, instead of blaming traffic on my being stressed, I decided to trust God with my time?


What if I didn't let the temperature outside decide if I was going to have a good day or not?


How about if I let God worry about the little things of everyday life instead of getting upset at the kid in Subway with his Walkman loud enough for all of Subway to enjoy? (Walkman? Ipod?  I tried not to turn around to look at him.)


What if, what if I cast all my cares of God?


Then I think, how the heck do you do that?  I'm not sure, obviously.  But I think it starts with knowing what God says:


"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." 1 Peter 5:7


"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22

1 comment:

  1. Same questions I have.

    Thank you for asking this.

    Love

    Father

    ReplyDelete