Friday, July 22, 2011

Chocolate Or Vanilla?

Have you ever gotten what you wanted then found out that you weren't sure that was what you wanted?


Confused?  Me too.


It's kind of like really really really wanting a Chipotle burrito, but they were being skimpy on the salsa, and it just didn't hit the spot, and you spent $8 for nothing.


Or like the time I was in Switzerland, and my new cousins took me to a gelato stand, and made me pick what kind I wanted first.  I picked chocolate - because I almost always pick chocolate, and everyone else picked vanilla.  Why did they all pick vanilla?  Why did they make me go first?  (I think they were being nice.)  If I had seen everyone else pick vanilla, I certainly would have too.  I want to know what the vanilla was like.  Was it better than the chocolate?  Or were they just vanilla people?  I would have asked, but I don't speak French.


Or it's like how I chose this path in life, and I got exactly what I wanted.  I even praise God for giving it to me, because it is so amazing.  I am in awe sometimes about how much He has blessed me.  But then I think, what am I doing here?  How did I get to this place?  Did I make the right choice?  Or did God just bless my choices?  Then I have to get rid of the Deist thinking of God winding the clock and letting me go.  Because I know that He has a plan and a purpose for my life.  Not just a generic - oh, bless anything that Katie does today, blessing.  But a - Here is the path, walk therein.  I guess I just get worried when I see others with lives that are 2 steps ahead of mine, and I can't wait to be there (Whether those people be in romantic comedies or real life.  And what does it matter what other people are doing?).  But at the same time, I really don't have a vision past next May/June 2012.    


And now I'm thinking that it is a good time to start praying about the vision coming 2012.  Because without a vision, people don't do so well.


I'm not sure if it's PMS or too many movies or too much time to think, but welcome to the thoughts of me.  And that's probably enough crazy for one night.


"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11


"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls." Jeremiah 6:16a


"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's." Exodus 20:17


"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." Proverbs 29:18

No comments:

Post a Comment