Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm Glad I Don't Have A Beard

My Brother has an awesome beard.  Sometimes.


Last week I told him he looked like Zach Galifianakis.


He shaves whenever he feels like it, as any person should.


The reason I'm glad I don't have a beard is not because I don't think it wouldn't look good on me, but because EVERYONE (especially at church) comments on my Bro's beard or lack thereof.


He takes it in stride though.


If they ask him if he is growing out his beard, he says, "Nope, it does it by itself."


If someone says, "You shaved your beard."  He looks at them and smiles gently; I think he is laughing on the inside.


Obviously they are either jealous of his awesomeness or they are intimidated by his coolness, and they say silly things.  If I were them, I would be jealous of his beard.


"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore." Psalm 133 

1 comment: