Friday, July 29, 2011

The Phone Call

I don't like answering the phone at places I work.  I'm going to have to get over it eventually I guess, but I have said some stupid stuff on the phone.


At the bookstore one time I answered the phone, it went something like this.


Ring ring.
Me: Hello. *stupid stuff coming out of my mouth, embarrassing because everyone is watching me, babble babble babble, more stupid stuff*
Hang up.
Female-coworker-who's-name-I-can't-remember speaking to me: I have too much pride to say stuff like that.
Me: Well, you can't go to Heaven with pride.
FCWNICR: I don't believe in heaven, I'm agnostic.
Me: You're definitely not going to Heaven then.


"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8


And I thought agnostic meant that you didn't know if there was a heaven or not, as opposed to thinking there there was not a heaven?  Yes.  I think that is what it means.

1 comment: