Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hoodies

So, I don't know how to wear a hoodie apparently.


Yesterday, Kaywa and I were feeling lazy but wanted to go to Chic-fil-a and Target, but didn't want to get dressed up.  I asked her what she was going to wear and she said a hoodie.


This is what is going through my head:


"A hoodie?  Really?  Won't you get hot in a hoodie?"


Apparently not.


I thought hoodies were outerwear, but not so, says Kaywa.


So I went along with this a-hoodie-is-for-whenever-wear idea and wore a Redskins hoodie I "borrowed" from Brother.


Let me backtrack a little and tell you why I don't know how to wear hoodies.  Its because I get hot.  I'm so hot that I don't usually wear sweaters either.  I don't like being committed to wearing a sweatshirt or a sweater all day, because I don't like being hot.  Hot like when you are shopping at Target for two hours.  I like to be able to take off my sweater or hoodie when I get hot.


But apparently (I need a new word other then apparently because <<<< that was the fourth time I used it in this blog already) that's not how the cool kids do it.


So I tried something new, I wore a tank (that would ensure that I kept the hoodie on) and a hoodie (obviously, because that is what this blog is about).


(Are there enough parenthesis yet?)


I got hot.  I'm probably not going to do that again.  I'd rather carry my hoodie around with me, or tie it  around my waist like a mom, than wear a hoodie that I can't take off while I'm out.


"Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved saith unto Peter, It is the Lord. Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he girt his fisher's coat unto him, for he was naked, and did cast himself into the sea." John 21:7

No comments:

Post a Comment