Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Just Learned Something About Myself

I'm very competitive.

I'm not kidding.  I just learned this.

Well, like five weeks ago my eyes started to be opened.

In my Skills class, we had to pair up and take a practice ATI test.  And the teacher gave us a "carrot."  I'm not kidding, she said carrot.  Apparently I'm a horse now.  Well, it worked.  I had to have this carrot.

I paired up with a girl just as competitive as me.  I told her before we started that I wanted this carrot, no matter what.

To get the carrot, you had to get an 85% on the practice test.

Twas hard, but we got a 90%!!!  The teacher said it was one of the highest grades she has ever seen on this practice test.  I was sooooooo happy.  As was my partner.

We got a $10 ITunes card as our carrot!  Haven't spent it yet, because I don't know how to, but I'm happy.

The second reason I know I am competitive is because of the game Snake on Facebook.  I must defend my high score.  And I must defend my weekly high score.  It is almost an obsession.  I only started playing games of Facebook since school let out this semester, so this developed very quickly.  There are other games too.

I just like to be #1.

"And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them." Deuteronomy 28:13

No comments:

Post a Comment