Thursday, December 9, 2010

I went bowling the other day

But that's not important right now.


This girl was telling that she had just finished nursing school, the day before this conversation we had.  She was telling how relieved she was feeling, and how she was excited to be a nurse.  Someone piped in and said they were looking forward to being a nurse and going to the hospital, and not having to bring nursing home with them.  Just doing the amazing job they do, and not have to study hours on end when they get home.  Just do the 36 hours a week; instead of 12 hours of lecture, 9 to 12 hours of clinical, and studying endlessly.


Then the girl said the something that makes me blog about our conversation.  She said she the previous night's sleep was the best sleep she has had in years.  In YEARS.


I came home and told Kaywa that and she almost cried.  I'm a bit jealous, of her SLEEP.


The anticipation of exams and papers and clinicals are a lot to handle, and its hard to turn your brain off at night when it is time for bed.


Tuesday night before my Pharmacology test, I dreamt that I got to school and was ready to take the test, and I had forgotten my computer at home, and I had to drive back home to get it.  I really wasn't a dream, it was  nightmare.  I checked my bag like 10 times before I left for school Wednesday morning.


The other night I laid down in bed, and had turned the lights off and everything, when I had to get up and check what the therapeutic serum level of lithium was.  Its 0.8 to 1.2 mEq/L.  You're thinking, "Really Katie, you had to know right now what the therapeutic level of lithium was?"  Yes, I did.  It was a feeling akin to having to check and see if the door is locked or the oven is off.


Oh, by the way, I super dislike waiting for grades!  The test was taken on the computer, the computer grades it, the computer suggests what questions you should drop, just post the grades!  I must makes plans for future studying, or crying, or eating pounds of chocolate, or partying (whichever the grade demands).


"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:6-8

1 comment:

  1. Oh Katie, anything worth something is worth the effort to attain it. You are working so hard and doing so well and we are so pleased with you!!

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete