Saturday, December 11, 2010

IT Issues

Last weekend my computer got a virus.  I really should teach him how to wash his hands better.  


Monday morning I took him to the IT people on main campus.  The lady came out to help me.  She asked me if I needed to save any data before she fixed the virus and she wiped my computer clean and made it like new.  I did.  I saved my work to the J drive, the drive that is on the schools server.  I may not be a computer genius but I do know that you don't have to take everything off the computer to get rid of a virus.  She came back and asked me if I was done.  I said yes, but asked her if it was really necessary to take everything off the computer to remove the virus.  


Yes, she said.


Ohhh, that's annoying.  I'm going to have to download Skype and Google Chrome and whatever again.


So, I had to do that last week, it only took me like four hours.


Ugh, really?


Fine, I'll save your data.




Wow, that's IT for you.  It was ready in like two hours, and had all my documents, but not Google Chrome or Skype.


"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." Matthew 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment