Saturday, January 22, 2011

An Anniversary Not Worth Celebrating

Today is the 38th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade.  It allowed abortion to be legal because of a right to privacy.


Since then there have been many new laws restricting and regulating abortion.  

Here is a link to a website that has Virginia abortion laws.  Its biased.  But not my bias.  It is NARAL's website, I figured I'd put it here, so no one would tell me I was skewing the facts with my pro-life antics.


There is a new-ish law about parental notice and consent.  NARAL is obviously upset about it.  I think its a good idea.  But really, people, a 16 year old has to get parental permission to get her ears pierced but should be allowed to make the decision of getting an abortion all by herself?  Come on.



There is a March For Life that usually happens on the anniversary of Roe vs Wade in Washington D.C. every year to protest.  I've been like 5 or 6 times.  I always love going.  They didn't march today though, because they want to march when Congress and the Supreme Court are open, and today is a Saturday, so there you have it.


President Obama talked about the anniversary of Roe vs Wade today, saying "on this anniversary, I hope that we will recommit ourselves more broadly to ensuring that our daughters have the same rights, the same freedoms, and the same opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams."  I just think everyone should keep their legs together until they get married.


There is more I could write.  I'm am very passionate about this issue, and I'm not sure why.  I think I just want what is best for the women and for the babies.  I've seen the pain it can bring.  Not that everyone must feel a certain way after an abortion, but there is a chance of that.  There's no going back really.  Only God can heal.  I've also seen God's healing after abortion.  And that is amazing.


"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord." Luke 4:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment