Wednesday, January 12, 2011

PPD Testing

I have to get a PPD test today. Its to see if I have TB. I doubt I do. But I worry because I have been places in my young life that I don't know what I could have pick up.

Last December when I got the PPD done at my Doctor's office at home, there was a really nice nurse there. I had to get two vaccinations as well. Let it be known that I am a skeptic of vaccines. The concept is good, but the practice, science, and follow up behind it I think it lacking, and I can say that now because I am a health care professional, but that is for another blog.

I told the nurse that I was leery (d. cautious or wary due to realistic suspicions) of vaccinations and she understood, at least she said she did. She agreed to give me one vaccination and the PPD shot that day, and the other vaccination when I came back to get the PPD check in two days. I was happy. She brought out the needle to give me the PPD test, she called it a "toxin", I laughed nervously, she stuck it in my arm, I didn't flinch because I'm more scared of needles moving around in my body that actually getting the shot, and she said, "Oh, that wasn't the best bleb I've ever done." Thanks Nurse, I appreciate you telling me that.  At least it is an example of what NOT to do when I'm practicing.


I didn't have TB (and don't, because I don't think I've been exposed).

Oh, I really burned my grilled cheese sandwich because I was writing this blog post.  Distraction can be worse than procrastination.

"For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD." Jeremiah 30:17

No comments:

Post a Comment