Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting Ready

I'm going to my first Med/Surg 2 clinical today.  We're on the oncology unit.


We visited the unit for orientation last Monday and it was quiet there.  Quiet, like there wasn't a lot of noise.  I'm not sure if I liked it or not.  It was nice because the unit was newly renovated and clean, and people were not running up and down the halls like on the Tele unit.  I think our instructor told us there were 15 beds in the unit and 3 nurses.  There are 7 of us students and one teacher.


There is a bunch, a Bunch, a BUNCH of paperwork for this class, due on Thursdays at noon.


I'm excited though.  I feel like this semester I know more and am more confident going into the clinical area.


Yesterday I realized that this summer is my last summer before I officially become and adult and have to get a real job.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.


"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment