Monday, January 17, 2011

Two Other People's Work, I.E. Not Plagiarism

I aim to make my blog as little quoted as possible, but I just read this and want to share it because it really speaks to me.


SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by Marsha Burns -- 1/17/11: 
Even though your life seems to be transitional, begin to think of the steps you take as foundational. Don't think that your thoughts, words, and actions are unimportant. What you do now will actually frame and give meaning to your future. Give thought and consider carefully what is happening in you and around you and respond according to the leading of My Spirit, says the Lord. 
Deuteronomy 11:24a Every place on which the sole of your foot treads shall be yours.



I feel like this is exactly what I feel like right now.  I get this lady's emails sent to me, and they very often apply directly to my day.  I try and read it when I get to school in the morning before class starts.

And since I already broke my quote "guidelines", I'm going to cite another blog.

I really like this Peaceful Parenting blog, and they posted this one today.  I'm copying the graphic they had here too.  One of the reason some people think that vaccinations are fine/good for their children is because they got all their vaccinations and they turned out okay.  But look at this schedule:



Just something to think about.  I'm skeptical about anything and everything (especially if someone from the government, e.g. the CDC, is telling me to do something).

I'm just saying to be a "good Berean."

"And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:10-11

4 comments:

  1. What is the name for disease caught in a hospital? I can't find it in a dictionary b/c I can't spell or say it. BUT, I think this is a really good idea - wise, not OCD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1.nosicomial infection to Di.
    2. Its cool that your skeptical and all but as a potential future health care provider i dont think its cool to be wary of vaccines. I have a fear that your going to tell future parents not to get them and that idea terrifies me. Vaccines have gotten a bad rap. And besides even if, and its a BIG if, they contribute to anything harmful in children, they do way more good than bad.

    I dont care if i've swayed your opinion, i just dont want you taking your opinion and passing it along as a health care professional, just pass along facts. ALL of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I just question the schedule. Not the entire vaccination process.

    2. You are a potential health care provider?

    3. Whose facts are you passing along?

    4. And you are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am a future health care provider. I would like to know what about the schedule you question. And i'm passing along THE facts.

    ReplyDelete