Friday, January 21, 2011

Failure Is Not An Option

I have a new idiom that I have been using lately.  I'm not sure why I'm using it, other than I think I'm pretty awesome and that I should do things awesome-ly.  


It is:  Go big or go home.


I usually use it in my everyday actions, such as, "I gotta clean up this apartment, go big or go home."  And this usually makes me bring out the vacuum


I use it when I'm questioning myself about asking questions in class, "just ask it," I think,  "go big or go home."


And I use it when I'm try to get up the courage to go to school.  Oh, not because I dread it or anything, just because sometimes I don't know if I can hack it, I love school.  I think to myself "what a wonderful world."  I mean, I think, "you can do it Katie, go big or go home."


You're thinking, is that really the whole point Katie?  No, its not.


My point and the story attached to this blog post it this.


We were taking our first Med/Surg quiz in, you guessed it, Med/Surg 2.  I was a bit worried about this quiz, but I proceeded to take it.  I was breezing though the questions, until one.  It was about blood values, hemoglobin, and altitude.  It was a multiple choice question, I crossed out two of the answers, and was left with 16% and 18%.  I thought it was a trick.  Because a 16 is a high normal, and 18 is out of the range of what is normal.  But go big or go home went though my mind and I picked, 18%.


I aced the quiz.  Bring it on Professor.  I know my stuff.  I read the book.  I'm ready for more.  Maybe I can hack it.


(I'm getting ready to go to the Senior Dance Recital at SU.  I think it'll be fun, but mostly because we got a group of us out for a free cultural event.)


"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

1 comment:

  1. HOLD ON!!! I have only once seen you get out the vacuum.

    But good job on the quiz. :)

    ReplyDelete