Saturday, January 8, 2011

Food and Handedness

Yesterday and the day before I made chili, beef stew, black bean soup, and bbq chicken.  I think my making all this is kind of like nesting for a baby.  I'm just nesting for my baby named Nursing School.  I'm just getting ready for the start of school.


I had to use a can opener a lot to take on this cooking project.  I hate using can openers.  I hate them because they are right handed, and I am not right handed.  I am left handed.  Its hard to grip the can opener so that it stays on the can.  Its hard to turn the turning thing on the can opener with my right hand.  I kept dropping the cans and then had to start over gripping them.


But I don't know if a left handed can opener would be something I would like.  I get so used to changing to the right handed world that when I get left handed things its hard to use.


I had a left handed calendar/planner once.  It opened from the back, and it read from the back to front.  It was too weird for me.


I like the left handed scissors though.


Quick dry pens are super nice too.


I feel sorry for left handed children when they want to use markers because mothers freak out when there is marker all over their child's hand, but its really just because they are left handed that there is marker on their hands.  Because left handed people drag their hand across the words they just wrote, that's why there is ink on their hands.


I bet Jesus understands and has stuff for me in heaven.


"In my Father's house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also." John 14:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment