Sunday, October 17, 2010

All I'm looking for is a good church.

That's it.  Nothing too demanding.  At least that is what I thought.

Before I left I was talking to a friend and she told me it was really hard for her to find a church when she was at school and that it would be hard for me to find one too.  I thought - No, I'm different from you, I'm not THAT picky, I'll find one pretty quickly.

Then I went to "real" school (i.e. away from my family, to another city, and I was living in the dorms). I thought, I'm a Christian; I like Christians; I'll find a church, easy.  Fifteen some churches later, here I am, church hopping.

I probably am too picky.  Spoiled maybe?

I just want a church that has great music, great preaching, and a great young adults/college student group (i.e. one that has male medical or pharmacy or law or seminary school students, other people are fine too, in it).

Is that too much to ask?

I think not.

Kaywa and I went to a church today, that I'll rate a 9 of 10.  It met at the Alamo, which is a movie theater here.  The music was excellent.  The sermon was good, but since it is a church plant, they videoed the main church and streamed it in.  I think I'll go back just because of the music.  I wish it started later though, 10 am is early for college students.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." Matthew 7:7

1 comment:

  1. I think this may be proof that you are kind of picky...

    ReplyDelete