Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Am I intruding?

I'm doing a project/paper for school.  I had a patient in the hospital, got all the information from them, and now have to put it all together in this nice, long paper.

I just feel sometimes that I am intruding on these people's lives.  They are sick and in the hospital, and I am collecting info about their drugs and their history to write a paper on.  I realize that they don't care that much, or they might have volunteered to have a student nurse follow them around all day, but I feel like I'm taking something from them and not really adding to their care.  Helping them to the bathroom and changing their sheets is nice for them, but is that really a good trade.  Maybe it is nice just to have someone to talk to while they are there.  Now that I got that off my chest, I'm going to finish my paper, and not worry about it anymore.

"This is my commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you." John 15:12

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I quite understand this, but I think I know how you feel. If that makes any sense...

    ReplyDelete