Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Banquet

Yesterday was the CareNet banquet.  I was really nice.  My parent's, Kaywa, and a girly friend from school came.  I cried a little during the testimonies.  Its so amazing to see how the love of God can change people's lives.

The Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli spoke.  One thing I didn't know was that VA has a parental consent law on abortions now, interesting.

I miss being there every week.  I love being able to help people practically and show God's love.  Which is really what Christianity is all about.

One thing was funny yesterday.  I talked to my Mother before we left for the banquet and she asked me if I needed anything from the house before she left.  I told her not to forget the coat that I forgot there last time I was home.  And if she had any peanut butter around the house that she could bring me, because I ate all of mine.  And told her I wanted a shower head for Christmas.  Exasperated, she said she would give me money to buy peanut butter and a shower head (apparently she didn't hear that I wanted it for Christmas).  Okay, thanks Mother, that will work out perfectly.

When we meet up with my parents at the banquet, my Father is holding a Target bag and my coat in his hands.  In the bag: peanut butter and a shower head.  He carried it around all night. =)  Thanks y'all.  I mentioned to Mother that they could have left it in the car until after the Banquet and we would have just meet up and got the stuff.  She said they didn't know how closely we were parked to each other and didn't want it to be a hassle to meet up in the parking lot after.  Well, we were parked about 10 spaces away from each other, they might have actually driven passed my car to get to their parking space.

On a side note, Kaywa made breakfast for me, and she is sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor whilst I blog.  She is becoming such a good housewife.

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15

1 comment:

  1. You're quite welcome for the PB and shower head - and no, I didn't hear the part about Christmas (aren't you glad?)!

    Love your blogs -
    Mother

    ReplyDelete