Saturday, October 16, 2010

Our doorbell is haunted

It is going off like when my friend in nursing school, who I'll call Kathryn, is at the door.  She keeps pushing it until we answer, so we always know when she is here.  It went off so many times just now that I couldn't even count it.

No one is at the door!

I always check to make sure no one is there, even when I don't think I heard anyone walk up the stairs or whatever.

Three weeks ago or so, the doorbell went off about 7:30am.  Like one minute after I got out of bed.  I walked to the door, figuring no one was going to be there.  I looked through the peep hole and someone was there.  It was the old lady who lives in the apartment below us.  I opened the door in my pj's.  She introduced herself, which is funny because we have spoken several times before.  She asked if our electricity was working.  I looked around my house and the fan was on and blowing, I said yes, the fan was working.  She asked, if the lights worked.  I said yes.  She told me her power wasn't working.  I said sorry.  She left.  I got ready for school.  Her car was gone when I left at 8am.

"Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created this things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for he that is strong in power; not one faileth." Isaiah 40:26

No comments:

Post a Comment