Monday, October 11, 2010

Apparently I attract the creepers

The other day,  I was talking to this guy at outside the bookstore at the nursing campus at school.  He asked for my phone number; I gave it to him.

I can hear you all saying, Katie, Katie, Katie, why did you do that?

Here is what I say to that, I felt like it.  He didn't seem like a creeper then.

Okay, I saw him later that same day at a restaurant, just by chance.  And we talked, whatever.  Nothing exciting.

The next day, my friend, who I'll call Ann, Facebooked (the verb) him.  He is married and has a baby.

What? What?? What???

I told this man that I didn't date married men.  "I'm separated," he said.  Really?  Come on now.

Oh, did I say that this was the first time in my whole 21 years that a guy asked for my phone number.  Well, I guess I won't be able to say that again.

Not looking for a mate anymore, one must fall in my lap from Abba Father.

"But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." James 1:4

1 comment:

  1. Dude, everyone goes through a phase where they only attract creeps. It happens. It shall soon pass. Then you'll go through the phase of being "everyone's single friend" and they will try to set you up with anything that has two legs and manly parts. It sucks.

    But I think you've chosen the right path. When you're not looking, that's when you find the best relationships. :P

    ReplyDelete