Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sometimes I feel like an adult

Most times I don't.

I am sitting here on the couch in the living room of my apartment thinking about life.

Thought 1:  It is super hot in here, and I was thinking of turning the AC back on, after its been off for at least 3 weeks.  Kaywa talked me out of it.  I am going to be an adult and just open the window.

Thought 2:  There is a pan in the sink right now, that I made chicken in on Sunday.  It is still dirty.  Me and Kaywa are apparently playing "Chicken" on who is going to clean it.  I think she will probably win tomorrow morning, when I will finally clean it out.

Thought 3: I like candles, but fire scares me.

Thought 4: I have so many projects that are going to be due soon that I don't know which one to do first.  IPR?  Care Plan?  Presentation?  Or study for pharmacology?

Thought 5: I am half way through my 4th year of college, and I don't know how to study.  I basically cornered a teacher today and told her what I was doing and asked her how to change what I was doing to help me do better.  I really should have done this before.  I don't think I was prepared for this, but then is anyone really prepared for what is next?

Thought 6:  I haven't washed my sheets in a while.

Thought 7:  I really miss my family.  I love school, but there is just something about sitting on the same couch you've always sat on, in the same house I've always lived in, with the people who I am used to seeing all the time.

Thought 8:  I am going to be responsible for people's lives.  People are going to ask and are asking me questions about their health.  And that is scary.  I just hope that I can give the correct information without looking it up on my Ipod.

Thought 9: I need someone to take the trash out.  Me and Kaywa don't like to do it.

Thought 10: I have yucky potatoes in the pantry that smell bad, but I don't have time do deal with it (and you are thinking, Stop blogging and you will have plenty of time.  My answer is, this is my therapy.)

Thought 11: I need a hug.

Thought 12: I need to find a church, and fast.

And to top it all off,  all of this went through my head in about 2 minutes, even though it probably took me 10 to type it.   And in another 2 minutes, there will be another 12 different things running through my head.  No thought blocking tonight.

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." 1 Peter 5:7

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could block my thoughts sometimes. I worry too much! And as for thought 11, get Kaywa to give you a hug. She gives good ones. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, Katie, Katie!!

    We miss you too!!!

    The house is very quiet when you are not home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is funny how I am in A LOT of your posts. Maybe I'm flattered.

    ReplyDelete